Thursday, April 21, 2011

XS and the black cat

Heres a few pics from the last couple days.

Looks simple enough...........

Except both gaskets, the glass & the speedo are all from different gauges that met their demise to make this setup work. Excuse the mess.

End result, Yamaha Speedo in a XS headlight bucket extended one inch with a second bucket from a Russian Ural & retainer rim from a Triumph.........Looks like it was meant to be though. New  throttle cables on, Brakes bled, speedo hooked up, some motocross grips.


Found these neat little billet cone washers for the headlight ears to give it a more substantial look. You can also see the battery box just made up & battery .


I finally found a simple clutch Lever to Match the lever thats on the Hionda CB brake master on the other side. This is from a 500 2 stroke I have in the back. Needed a little love. Its neat that it had a little castle nut & cotter pin.

Time to think about wiring. My trusty companion Black cat, gathered some parts.

Then I showed him several different wire diagrams, he nodded his head to this one, so this is how we will wire this puppy.

I got some wire (Matts wire :-)

Black cat decided to star at me working while he kept my chair warm.

Black Cats name is Calvin. Our other Cat is Hobbs, get it? I call him Red cat. Heres Pinstripe Chris training Red Cat how to behave at the dinner table. He & Jake came over & cooked me dinner at Midnight a couple nights ago. Red Cat likes chicken.

Tomorrow we should see the XS fire with any luck.
Nite friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment